Tuesday, February 27, 2007

That's My Boy!...

This is what Sabbath is about! And this exactly what this blog is about. This is one of those rare, hard to capture moments. No posing, no posturing, no coaxing. Just real, raw humanity at its best. Trina, my wife, Ethan's mommy, and now photographer extraordinaire took this picture at random and cpatured one of my favorite Ethanisms, with Oreo gotee to add. It will forever be captured now as the site's new logo, and it will soon be making me millions! Yes, that's right. No way I'm not cashing in on this one. Ethan has inspired me once again to capitalize on life's little moments of grace.

I will soon be working on a full line of greeting cards using this image. We already experimented this week for Grandma's birthday. The outside of the card read: "Might I be obtuse and ask a lady such as yourself exactly how old you are, today?" Then open card to see this image staring at you with the text: "WHOA! Oreos and firetrucks, Grandma! I think I just pooped my pants!" Needless to say Grandma and I both rolled around laughing hysterically for long periods of time. And every time I see this picutre I chuckle. It is by far my most favorite image of all time.

Other cards coming to a greeting card supplier near you will be assorted birthday greetings such as: cover with this image, open to read "Oh. I just saw your underwear" (It might be time to finally stop wearing low riders and high risers. Glad you are as wise as you are old.) Happy Birthday!

That's my boy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only it were in focus.

April said...

Awww... he's adorable.

And, anon, didn't your mother teach you that if you can't say something nice, you shouldn't say anything at all?

Pssh. (which should be said in the Martha Hutchinson way as one turns around and stalks gracefully out of a room).

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

What a cutie patootie. :)